Sep 27, 2018
Wedding Weather Catastrophes - Episode #189
Pause and subscribe! Take a screenshot and share!
Join our Facebook
Seattle Metro Area Wedding Planning Resource Guide ( http://fromringtoveil.com/rgpaperback
Wedding Weather catastrophes-what do you do when Mother Nature’s
wrath is barreling down on your wedding day. www.fromringtoveil.com/83
- Communication is key- keep your family, friends, and guests
informed of all information regarding storms and changes.
- Keep informed of airline cancellations and airport
- Communicate with your vendors and venue
- Read your contracts regarding weather and Acts of God
- Obey all government warnings and evacuation orders
- Find an alternative date or location for ceremony and
- Or since you already have your marriage license you can get
married by JP and keep your honeymoon dates if they are already
- Change honeymoon dates if needed
- Be a good Samaritan and donate to causes to help victims of
Is it appropriate to send wedding announcements to distant
family but not an invite?
- It is fine to send a wedding announcement to anyone who didn’t
receive an invitation.
- You need to send these announcements as soon as possible after
the wedding. My advice would be to have them already addressed and
delegate to someone, family, wedding party member, to send them out
- By sending an announcement there is no obligation for them to
send a wedding gift
- If you are having an intimate wedding with only close family
and friends it is ok to send an announcement to distant family and
- Where is a good idea to cut corners in the wedding (what to
splurge and what to save $$ on)
- Figure out what is important to you, make a priority list
between you and your fiancé.
- Eliminate the unimportant items that are on each list. Is guest
favors important to you, if not, don’t buy them? You are giving
them food, drink, and dancing? If décor or flowers aren’t that
important find ways to cut cost buy DIYing or minimally purchasing
flowers and décor.
- Splurge on what you think is important; if you want awesome
photos to hire a great photographer and videographer; if food is
important to go all out on your food with a great caterer.
I’m interested in the possibility of not having a wedding party/
or to do so only in name, but not standing at the altar. My fiancé
doesn’t like the bridesmaids/groomsmen idea but I have some amazing
women in my life I wanted to include
- Its ok not to have a bridal party, they can be in name only.
Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise, you do you.
- If you want them to be involved in planning, parties, etc. Let
them plan and participate in showers, bachelorette party,
luncheons. You can also have them make toasts at the
- Make sure you explain to your friends the reason you are not
having a wedding party. If they are good friends they will
understand and you can acknowledge and thank them during the
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSOR:
Timelines and Checklists www.fromringtoveil.com/checklists
FRTV Swag www.fromringtoveil.com/tee
Join our Facebook
-Until next time, No Stress No Worries Keep Calm
and Listen On-